Robertson, a fifth generation potter, opened The Dedham Pottery
Company in 1896 in Dedham, Massachusetts during the American
arts and crafts movement. The company was a working pottery until
1943. During that time the pottery's artisans created over fifty
designs for their dinnerware and serving pieces. The most popular
design was the endearing little bunny now known as "the
Dedham rabbit." The rabbit became the identifying signature
of Dedham pottery and remains so today. Through the years, the
"Dedham rabbit" has won an international following.
Pieces or original Dedham pottery are highly przed by collectors,
from individuals to prestigious institutions such as the Museum
of Fine Arts, Boston, Massachusetts and the Smithsonian Institution
in Washington, D.C.